Prime Global Medical Communications Ltd. (registered at Mere House, Brook Street, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 8GP, with company number 03642172) (“we“, “us“, “our“) is the controller of any personal data collected and processed in relation to the services provided by us. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
We have a designated data protection Compliance Manager who can be contacted at email@example.com.
What personal data we collect
We collect the following personal data from you:
- Contact details: name, email address, address, telephone number, CV and cover letter (for speculative job applications).
- Usage data: IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, length of website visit, referral source, page views and navigation, as well as information about timing, frequency and the pattern of your use when you use our website.
- Marketing/communication preferences: preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third party partners and your communication preferences.
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- when you visit our website or you provide us with any personal data through our website, including when you fill in an enquiry form; and
- when you contact us directly via email, telephone or post.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data in the following ways:
- To analyse and improve our services: We process usage data about your use of our website and services. We process this usage data for our legitimate interests in monitoring use of our website, to analyse use and to improve user experience. We also use an analytics software provider to analyse the use of our services using anonymised user data and for use in our marketing materials. We take your privacy seriously and never use any data in our marketing materials that can identify any individual user.
- To respond to you: We may process your contact details to respond to any queries that you submit to us directly or through our website. Our lawful basis for processing your contact details is either our legitimate interest in responding to your correspondence, or, where such communications relate to your account, the fulfilment of our contract with you.
- To send marketing to you: We may use your contact details and marketing/communication preferences to market to you, where you have agreed to receive marketing communications from us or our third party partners. Our lawful basis for this processing is consent, or where appropriate our legitimate interest in advertising products or services that we believe may be of interest to you and/or your organisation. You can opt out of receiving these communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” in any email, or by contacting us using the details below.
- Legal purposes: We may also process your personal data where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of any legal claims against us, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, specifically the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of all others involved.
Sharing your personal data
We will only share your personal data with:
- third party partners who process and store your personal data on our behalf (for example, our cloud computing providers and email marketing automation platform);
- social media companies and our advertising partners; and
- our professional advisors.
We may also share your personal data with third parties in the event that:
- our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party; and
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
We do not profile or make any decisions about you by solely automated means.
We will treat all of your personal data in strict confidence and take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure.
Storing your personal data
We may store your personal data out with the United Kingdom, in the European Economic Area and the United States of America. The third party’s that we use to store your personal data include cloud storage and hosting providers (for example, Microsoft Azure) and email marketing automation platforms (for example, MailChimp). Please see the “International transfers of personal data” section below for further details.
International transfers of personal data
From time to time, we may transfer your personal data to staff in our offices (for example, to our office in New York for recruitment purposes) or other organisations located outside of the United Kingdom and/or European Economic Area.
When we do this, we will put in place one or more appropriate safeguards to ensure the safety of your personal data. For example, by using EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses.
Duration of processing
We shall retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to allow us to provide our services to you, unless we are required by law to retain your personal data for a longer period. If you would like further information about our personal data retention procedures please contact us using the details below.
Your data protection rights
You have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data. In order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise this right.
- The right to access personal data we hold about you: You can contact us to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, as well as why we process that personal data, who has access to it, and where we got it.
- The right to correct and update the personal data we hold about you: If the personal data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, please let us know and we will ensure that it is updated.
- The right to have your personal data erased: In some circumstances if you no longer wish us to process your personal data, you can request that we erase it. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the personal data has been deleted, or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted. Unfortunately if you choose to have certain personal data erased then we may no longer be able to provide you with our services.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data: You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have lawful grounds to continue, for example if the personal data is required to allow us to provide you access to our services. If personal data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your personal data to comply with your other rights.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
- The right to complain: You can make a complaint to us by contacting us using the contact details below or to the data protection supervisory authority – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office who’s contact details can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.
- Consent: If you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information before you withdrew your consent.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data or by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” in any email. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
Links to other websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check the third party’s policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.